Monday, February 6, 2017

A Few Days In Goiania

Alo galera! Como estao voces? Estou com saudade. Senti muito feliz esta semana por estar aquí na missao.

Hello everyone! How are you all? I miss you guys. This week I was really happy—I love being a missionary!

Tuesday night E. Brandao and I packed up and headed to Goiania for the monthly leadership meeting. When we travel between Goiania and Patos we get on the bus at night and have to try to sleep until we get to the destination around 4-6 o’clock in the morning. It’s a pretty tiring trip. Going to Goiania this week wasn’t bad because I actually slept pretty well. On the way back I didn’t, however, and it was pretty terrible haha.

The leadership meeting was great. President Buhrer spoke a lot about repentance. He also spoke about how we measure our work and the new daily schedule. So far I’m really liking the new schedule. There’s more time in the morning and at night to prepare for the day and for bed so we’re not running around like decapitated chickens anymore as we strive to obey the routine.

The assistants gave training on how to find people to teach and how to follow up effectively, and at the end of the meeting, Pres. Buhrer asked the going-away missionaries to bear their testimonies. E. Brandao was one of them. It’s been crazy being companions with two missionaries in a row who are in their last transfer! It’s been good working with E. Brandao the last month or so.

We stayed in Goiania for 2 more days, going on exchanges with the assistants to the President, E. McBride and E. Gorman. They’re two of my great friends in the mission and I clearly remember when they arrived in the mission field. It’s been fun to watch them progress as missionaries and now have them help me in my responsibility. We worked with them in Parque Amazonia, one of my old areas. It was cool to be back after almost a whole year! Time flies, nossa (wow).

We didn’t get much done in Patos this week, but yesterday, Sunday, I was really happy. Maria Helena was confirmed and is doing great (she offered a great prayer at the end of our gospel principles class). Edson (o Butina) bore his testimony in testimony meeting and received the Aaronic Priesthood (Presidente Sa, one of the mission counselors, was present and commented on how much his testimony had touched him). I love being a missionary and am so grateful I am here in Brasil. Amo voces (I love you)!


Elder Anderson

Henderson (who took the selfie) is an awesome member here who took some pics of us as we played volleyball today





Divisão (Exchange) com os APs, E. McBride e E. Gorman!

 I took a similar picture almost a year ago in the exact same spot when I was in Pq. Amazônia. #FORTE kkkk


 At the lan house!
 LOOK AT THIS BUG


 Elder Graff!
 Reunião de Liderança



 A great view of Patos and a good representation of the city: hills, corn, and Catholicism
 A long range view of the center
 Um pé de goiaba (literally translated: A guava foot; real meaning: a guava tree kkkk)
 Comendo goiaba!


 It's a pretty interesting fruit
 Uma acerola gostosa

No comments:

Post a Comment