Saturday, October 8, 2016

Que Semana Maravilhosa!

 Cutting my own hair: Before
 During
 After
 Elder Brandão na divisão
 Scrambled eggs and hot sauce—ótimo!
 CAIXA CHEGOU!!!!!!!!! (x4)



 Went straight for the good stuff
Letter from E. Nelson!

This week was otimo!!! There were a ton of good things that happened.

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME!!! The Saturday afternoon session was the best I’ve ever seen in my life. What’s better than missionary work when on a mission—nothing! I left that session and went straight to the road absolutely fired up to invite people to hear the gospel and I talked to everyone I saw.  Man it was great! That session was a nitro-charged booster to my heart, might, mind, and strength that I was needing. I loved the Sunday afternoon session as well. Almost cried. Didn’t. I love you Mom! I think those might have been my favorite sessions because I watched them in English hehe.

I got a letter from Elder Nelson! He was one of my best friends from the MTC and had to return home because of a fractured wrist but was now reassigned to the Canada Toronto Mission. Good luck out there bro!

A caixa shegou! The package got here! The pictures will tell you that story. I love the pictures, candy, beef jerky!, letters, and dental floss (I was needing dental floss). I love you Mom, Dad, Dallin, Tyler, Heidi, Natalie, Katie, and Bryce! I miss you all!

I remember something funny from this week. It was from your email mom. You said that since Dallin left it’s “been real quiet with only 5 kids at home.” KKKKK! (Meaning hahahahaha in Portuguese) J

I read some scriptures this week that I really loved. The first was Titus 3:3-7. Go look it up! It will take 40 seconds and feed you spiritually for 4 hours. The second was Doctrine and Covenants 103:36. It’s short and I memorized it on Portuguese because that’s kind of my first language no. Good luck: “Toda vitoria e toda Gloria ser-vos-ao manifestadas por meio de vossa diligencia, fidelidad, e oracoes de fe.” There’s another 4 hours worth of spiritual…

…CHIMARRAO is an energizing, warming and nutritional tradition from the south of Brazil. We drink the hot herb-water about every day in the office. I sent a picture of it to you guys once. President and Sister Buhrer like it and have us a thermal garraga (I don’t know the best English word) so we could store and use heated water for the chimarrao all day long. It’s great and I want to take some back with me to the USA. 

Well, the time has come. President Bührer told me yesterday that the next transfer will be my last in the office. I'll train a new financial secretary and the return to the field. Woohoo! I'm excited. I've really loved my time in the office and am grateful for everything I have learned. I learned more in these months that will help me later in life than in any other equal period of my 19 years. I'll miss being close to Pres. Bührer but love working on the road and in homes all day. This mission is the best!

I love you all! Muito obrigado por tudo! 


Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment