Monday, March 20, 2017

Descandso do Senhor

One thing I am really looking forward to is the “rest of the Lord” that is promised to the faithful. Life is tiring and being a missionary makes it three times more tiring. Last night I lay down at 10:30 and was so, so grateful that It was finally time to sleep. I think it’ll be wholly worth living the gospel until the end of this life just to experience the rest of the spirit world’s paradise (Alma 40:11-12), but there will be way more blessings awaiting us than only rest! Pao Celestial é bom!

The highlight of this week was President Buhrere’ visit to Patos. We had interviews with him in the morning. I was the first to be interviewed, and it was one of the best interviews of my mission! I asked his advice about thinking about home and things after the mission—I felt that I was thinking too much about that and losing part of my focus Presidente told me that thinking about things outside the mission wasn’t a sin, but staying thinking about them was. He admitted that he thinks about traveling, to the US sometimes and gets ‘trunky’ too haha but always reminds himself to focus on the work. Amo Presidente Buhrer!!

During the afternoon Presidente worked with us! He’s really excited when he talks to people on the road hahaha. We did companionship study with him and then we went to teach José Carlos. We had told José Carlos that our President would be with us and so he left work early so we could visit him. We had a really spiritual lesson—on of the most memorable of my mission. Teaching with the mission President was a rare and special opportunity.

That night Presidente gave a great devotional about faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. It was excellent!

The middle of this week was tough but this weekend was great. This mission is a bunch of ups and downs.

We spoke with some nard-hearted people this week and some receptive people too. We found a good family that said they would go to church but didn’t. We’re going to teach them again this week.

My mission has been the hardest and greatest experience of my life. I’ve learned so much. This week I learned, in my personal study and in Gospel Principles at church, about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I’m immensely grateful for my Savior and Redeemer, and for the opportunity I have to represent Him. Tenhom umo semana feliz!


Elder Anderson

 My least favorite morning task
 My shirt almost did not hold up the work of this day kkkkkk
 Excited for church!
 Com E. Xavier! We were a pair in doubles volleyball today.
 Com os caras
 A view of the Patos area
In a downtown park

No comments:

Post a Comment