Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

​My future TV

Cozinhando! 

​Brazilian hot sauce isn't hot enough for me

Uberlândia!


Even though they don’t have Thanksgiving in Brazil, I still thought about all that I’m grateful for this week! Among many other things, I’m thankful for:

-THIS MISSION! It’s the greatest thing I have ever done! I could not be more happy and honored to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ here in Brazil.

-Portuguese! Cada dia e melhor! I no longer feel like the language is a significant barrier. Actually, it is, but it’s way, way better than a few months ago. I can understand and reply to a lot of things, especially about the gospel and mission, just as quickly as English, which is awesome!

-Everyone who’s reading this right now! Thanks for keeping up with my foreign adventures. I hope you all are learning from and enjoying my weekly posts. Thanks for the support!

-Uberlandia. I love it here! It’s cooler than Goiania, and while I still sweat a ton, it’s not as much! It’s a lot flatter too (at least in our area) so walking miles every day isn’t as bad. I’ll try to take more pictures this coming week so you guys can see what it’s like.

-Rice and beans! Still eating it almost every day!

-Our investigators. After a week and a half of hard work, our teaching pool has grown, and it looks like we’ll have some baptisms soon! Pray that we will! Eudes, an old guy we met on our first day, came to church yesterday and like it a lot! He is progressing towards a baptismal date on December 12th. Also, the first time we invited to read part of the Book of Mormon, he read like 10 pages more than we told him to. Muito bom! This week we’re going to try to mark a baptismal date with Eduarda, the granddaughter of Maruam, a recent concert. Hopefully all will go well!

-Elder Baltazar. Even though it’s his first transfer, he’s doing a good job of teaching and making contacts. He’s learning well and liking the mission. Also, his Portuguese is great! That’s probably because he’s Brazilian.

-THIS CHURCH! I am so, so grateful for the truth in my life. The restored gospel is the greatest thing in the world, and I’m so glad I have been raised to know and love it. It’s hard having the greatest truth the world has ever known, trying to share it with people, and being rejected, but I won’t give up. Everyone needs this, and I will find those ready to accept it!

-My family! Thanks for your continual love and support. I’m overwhelmed every P-Day at the number of emails from you all that fill my inbox, each with edifying messages and words of encouragement. I’m grateful you’re all keeping me updated on what’s going on at home in America!

-All of my friends. I thank you guys too for your friendship and support. I wish you all the best with whatever you’re doing in life!

-All my experiences and memories. I have been so blessed to be a part of so many awesome experiences in sports, school, church, and life. Walking up and down the roads here I often reflect on the great memories of growing up. How blessed I’ve been!

-Email! It’s so nice to be able to communicate with you all weekly. There are many blessings of technology! It’s crazy that it’s only a matter of weeks until I’ll be skyping the family! (Christmas Day!)

-America! Man I miss it. Enjoy some patriotic music, the American flag, and a big hamburger for me this week haha. Brazil’s great too, but the USA is the greatest!
Have a great week and always be grateful! Every day of this life is a blessing!


Elder Anderson

1 comment:

  1. We love this Thanksgiving post! We love our grandson Elder Scott! 333

    ReplyDelete